Writtle Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Writtle
The Parish of Writtle is located close to the city of Chelmsford and has a population of around 5300. The village is home to three schools and a university, three public houses, a village hall, a sports and social club with play areas and playing fields. At the heart of the village is the Green with its duck pond, churches and Tudor houses. Facilities also consist of a busy doctor’s surgery, a public library and a small number of shops, including a chemist, dentist and post office. The parish generally has a low crime rate but there are some acts of vandalism and anti social behaviour, usually around the green open spaces.
A Writtle Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please submit an application. Writtle would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.