West Hanningfield Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in West Hanningfield
West Hanningfield is a small village located approximately 8km (5.0 miles) south-southeast of Chelmsford. It is located to the north of Hanningfield Reservoir. Surrounding villages include South Hanningfield, Stock, Rettendon and East Hanningfield. It is also close to the Chelmsford villages of Galleywood and Great Baddow. The local public house is known as the Three Compasses. The village also contains a primary school and village hall and a hairdresser.
A West Hanningfield Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please submit an application. West Hanningfield would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.