Little Clacton Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Little Clacton
The Village of Little Clacton lies on the outskirts of Clacton-on-Sea. It is regarded as a Rural Village with just under 3,000 residents. It has what you could regard as four major roads with small side roads coming off and is surrounded by countryside. We have one infants/primary school and a Village Hall and play area alongside. We have a Community Hall with Sports Pavilion with tennis courts and football pitches the other end of the Village at Plough Corner. The Village hosts St James Church, one Public House, two convenience stores and a couple of small shops, there is also a car main dealer and some small business units. There is also a caravan park opposite the Village Hall.
A Little Clacton Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please submit an application. Little Clacton would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.