Herongate and Ingrave Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Herongate and Ingrave
Herongate and Ingrave have a population of approximately 2156 residents and is set within a rural area surrounded by farm land and Thorndon Country Park North and South with colourful woodlands, birdlife, open parkland, fishing and family attractions. At its furthest the Parish is about 4 miles outside Brentwood Town centre.
We have many beautiful walks and residents have the benefit of two Churches, St. Nicholas Church, Ingrave with an impressive 6 bells and Bell Ringing Group and the St. Andrews, Church, Herongate which is home to the Herongate War Memorial.
For the children there is a small school, Ingrave Johnstone C of E Primary in Ingrave which is adjacent to the local Playing Field with a playground and MUGA. There are also excellent senior schools only a short distance away in Hutton, Shenfield and Brentwood. For the sports enthusiast we have two Golf Courses and various exercise groups meet regularly at the Church Halls. For socialising there are three Pubs which serve food. Herongate also boasts a village shop, a Dentist Surgery and a farm shop.
A Herongate and Ingrave Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please submit an application. Herongate and Ingrave would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.