Hawkwell Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Hawkwell
Hawkwell is situated between Rochford and Hockley and is the largest parish within the Rochford District. It is well served by public open spaces, playgrounds and parks. The Parish Council manages Spencers Park, adjacent to Clements Hall Leisure Centre, Glencroft Open Space and Magnolia Park and Nature Reserve in Rectory Road, which has 21 acres of open space, a children’s playground, recreation area and bridleway.
The Parish has two village halls, which are used for community activities such as art classes, meetings and playgroups. Both halls are well equipped and available for hire. The parish also has three primary schools.
The two main shopping centres in Hawkwell, the busy parade in Main Road and Golden Cross Parade, cater well for local residents.
Home to over 11,000 people within the Parish, overall Hawkwell has a low crime rate, but unfortunately does experience some crime trends and pockets of anti-social behaviour.
A Hawkwell Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please submit an application. Hawkwell would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.