Hatfield Peverel Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Hatfield Peverel
Hatfield Peverel is located between Chelmsford, 7 miles to the west, and Witham, 2 miles to the east, and some 4.5 miles to the northwest of Maldon. The parish covers approximately seven square miles (1912 Ha) and is unevenly bisected by the A12 and the railway line, which runs through its northern part from the southwest to the northeast. Access to the countryside for walkers is provided by a well-established network of footpaths. The majority of the land area is located to the south of the A12 in an area bounded by the Chelmer valley to the south and the Blackwater valley to the east. There are two centres of population, the village of Hatfield Peverel itself and approximately 3/4 of a mile to the south, Nounsley.
Two rivers flow through the parish, the Ter, a small tributary, flows roughly north to south to join the Chelmer at Rushes Lock, the Chelmer forming part of the parish’s southern boundary. The landscape is one of gently undulating agricultural land interspersed with small areas of woodland, with a few substantial woods.
A Hatfield Peverel Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please submit an application. Hatfield Peverel would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.