Halstead Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Halstead
Halstead is a town of 12,000 inhabitants lying in North Essex between Colchester, Braintree and Sudbury. It is surrounded by rolling countryside and has recently become a popular place for young families to move to, with many new housing developments. There are 3 primary schools and one secondary school in the town. There is a relatively high ratio of older residents. Local issues often involve teenagers and young adults who find little to occupy them in the town, and tend to gather around the Butler Road area for socialising.
A Halstead Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please submit your application. Halstead would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.