Black Notley Community Special Constables
Be a Community Special Constable in Black Notley
Black Notley is a rural Essex town 40 miles north east of central London with a population of about 2000. We have two pubs, two churches one of which has a coffee house which is open daily, a hairdressers, beauticians and a village post office stores.
We currently have several projects we are doing which is installing new play equipment, creating a picnic area on the John Ray Millennium Green meadow and putting in flower boxes under the village signs as you enter the village.
We have recently created a new post of a ‘Village Handy Person’ to assist with the upkeeping of the new projects.
The main crime issues are based around anti-social behaviour, including speeding through the village and parking issues.
We have just had confirmation from Essex County Council that we can have a Vehicle Activated Sign that will be installed in the next couple of months.
A Black Notley Community Special Constable will:
- Be integrated into a Community Policing Team
- Start and end their duty as close to their community as possible, potentially from another agency’s premises
- Spend the majority of their time within the council area’s neighbourhoods.
- Be visible and accessible in local communities on uniformed, foot or cycle patrol.
- Help address local issues and priorities as informed by the local council and police intelligence-led tasking.
- Patrol hot spots identified through intelligence or which have been deemed to be priority areas.
- Respond to police-related incidents within the council area.
- Engage with local communities and support further recruitment of Specials.
- Attend suitable local council meetings where available to do so.
- Have regard to the Council’s aims and objectives in their voluntary service.
So if you’re interested in really looking after your little piece of the world please submit an application. Black Notley would love to have you as part of their community team and we’d love to help you keep your area safe.