We often recover property linked to burlgary or theft. Victims who have had property stolen are encouraged to visit our Flickr web site where we will upload images of property in the hope of reuniting it with the rightful owner.
Details of who to contact about each item are posted with the picture.
Advice on securing your property
Found property can be reported via the button below:
Found property report
The following found items will be accepted and recorded
- Items capable of containing data for example mobile phones, computers, tablets.
- Cash within wallets that are identifiable
- Unidentifiable cash
- Items suspected of being involved in crime.
- Firearms and ammunition
The following found items will be accepted and processed immediately
- Bank cards
- Identity cards
- Personal documentation (e.g. bank statements, benefit books)
- Birth, marriage and death certificates
- Driving Licences
The following found items cannot be accepted.
- Empty handbags, bags, wallets and purses
- Perishable goods
- Watches (except if capable of containing personal data)
We don't take reports of lost property so don't issue crime reference numbers for insurance purposes.
If you've lost property such as cash, identification, cards, handbags, bikes etc, re-trace your steps and contact the places you've visited to see if they have it.
The premises listed below should have their own lost and found procedures:
- Licensed premises (pubs, nightclubs)
- Private premises (house, hotel, hostel)
- Taxi companies and businesses (shops, supermarkets)
- Public transport (trains, buses, trams) and educational premises (schools, universities, colleges).
I have lost my...